Lemon Law Reforms
AB 200 was passed on a bi-partisan vote in both houses and was signed by the Governor as 2013 Wis. Act 101 on Dec. 13, 2013.
- Support for Lemon Law Reform – AB 200, June 12, 2013.
- Coalition memo supporting the legislation, April 30, 2013.
- Assembly Committee on Judiciary Hearing on AB200, May 29, 2013
- Video of the hearing from WisconsinEye
- Testimony from Rep. Kramer, the bill’s sponsor
- Testimony from the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Testimony from Roshan Rajkumar, GM’s warranty counsel for Wisconsin
- Testimony from Wisconsin Automobile & Truck Dealers Association
- Testimony from Ford Motor Company
- Testimony from Truck & Engine Manufacturers Association
- Testimony from Recreation Vehicle Industry Association
- Testimony from Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
- Wisconsin Lemon Law Reform Q&A, May 2, 2013.
- Press Releases from Coalition Members:
- Auto Alliance: Automakers Applaud Lemon Law Reform Legislation, April 30, 2013.
- Recreation Vehicle Industry Association: RV Industry Supports Lemon Law Reform By Wisconsin Legislature, April 30, 2013.
- Truck & Engine Manufacturers Association: Truck and Engine Manufacturers Support Lemon Law Reform in Wisconsin, April 30, 2013.
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce: WMC Calls for Lemon Law Reform Predatory “Lemon Lawyers” Squeezing Consumers, April 30, 2013.
- GOP bill would limit damages under Wis. lemon law: Bloomberg BusinessWeek, May 3, 2013.
- Proposal would peel back Wisconsin lemon law: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, May 7, 2013.
- Lemon law king Vince Megna targets GOP lawmakers in new video: Capital Times, May 13, 2013.
- Video Speaks to Character of Wisconsin’s ‘Lemon Law King’ Now Fighting Reform: ATRA, May 13, 2013.
- Lawyer warns auto dealers they face more suits if lemon law gutted: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, May 24, 2013.
- Lemon law attorney praises changes to bill: Marshfield News Herald, June 10, 2013.