The Wisconsin Civil Justice Council’s mission is to promote fairness and equity in Wisconsin civil justice system, with the ultimate goal of making Wisconsin a better place to work and live. WCJC achieves this objective through policy development, legislative lobbying, and our appellate programs.
WCJC had another successful session in 2015-16. We saw enacted into law virtually all of those bills we supported and defeated every bill we opposed.
Final Status of 2015-16 Legislation Supported by WCJC
- Repeal of “False Claims for Medical Assistance Act” – Signed into Law (Act 55)
- Collateral Source (Phantom Damages) Reform – Failed to Pass
- Adult Sponsor of Minor Driver Liability Reform – Signed into Law (Act 202)
- Liability Limitations under Wisconsin’s Dog Bite Law – Signed into Law (Act 112)
- Liability Limits for Ski Area Operators – Signed into Law (Act 168)
- Immunity for Private Campgrounds – Awaiting Governor’s Signature
Final Status of 2015-16 Legislation Opposed by WCJC
- Interest Rates on Small Claims Judgments – Failed to Pass
- Repeal of Asbestos Trust Reforms – Failed to Pass
- Statute of Limitations for Sexual Contact with a Child – Failed to Pass
- Medical Malpractice Claims of Adult Child – Failed to Pass
For more information on these and other civil justice initiatives, go to the Wisconsin Civil Justice Council’s end of session report. Also, prior successes are set forth in our Fall 2013 WCJC President’s Report.
Start getting Wisconsin’s most in-depth coverage of civil justice issues in your inbox by signing up for WCJC updates.
Please contact Robert Fassbender, or R.J. Pirlot at the Hamilton Consulting Group, with any questions about the Wisconsin Civil Justice Council.